Op 11-1-2016 om 14:46 schreef Muhammad Yousuf Khan:
> em0@pci0:4:0:0: class=0x020000 card=0x000015d9 chip=0x10968086 rev=0x01
> hdr=0x00
>     class      = network
>     subclass   = ethernet
> em1@pci0:4:0:1: class=0x020000 card=0x000015d9 chip=0x10968086 rev=0x01
> hdr=0x00
>     class      = network
>     subclass   = ethernet
>
> We had a switch in b/w Pfsense and Colo uplink. we even removed that switch
> and directly plug the cable with pfsense interface. but still getting the
> same low bandwidth.
>
> is it a good idea. to install two new interfaces of 100Mbps and set them to
> Auto instead of making it static 100Base TX full dublex out of Gig
> Interfaces.  ?
>
> Any help will be highly appreciated.

Only set the interface hard if the other side does that as well. You can
set it to 100 Mbit Full duplex, but if the other side does not force it
to the same value it will autonegotiate from the ISP or switch to Half
Duplex.

Overruns and runts galore.

If you put a unmanaged switch in between you will get this. If the ISP
switch is set to auto it will do the same thing.

So just leave it on auto, setting interfaces hard shouldn't be needed
anymore since we helft Nortel gear behind in the year 2000.

Cheers,
Seth