Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote on Mon, Jan 11 2016 at 12:23 am:

> - iperf speed test for LAN, between is 50Mbps  up and down
> - but iperf test on WAN showing 10Mbps down and 5Mbps up.
> - however my client is saying that assigned speed from colo is 100Mbps.

        "full duplex" means the card sends and receives at the same time, so
you normally want that on.

        You said the colo port speed is 100 Mbps.  This is not necessarily the
speed they have allowed for him, or the available bandwidth at the facility.
If we imagine he is paying for a 50 Mbps connection the Ethernet port speed is
still going to be 100 because the only choices are 10, 100, 1000, or 10 Gbit.

        Likewise, if the colo has a lot of traffic, he may not get a 100 Mbps
download speed when testing.

--

Steve Yates
ITS, Inc.