Hi Arno,

I agree that security by obscurity is not really security at all, but it does prevent the more inept in the hacker environment from doing malicious damage. Those with the MOM to write sophisticated code to circumvent tools like little snitch are few and far between. But those who take the published exploits and throw them into a batch of zombie PCs and distribute them to unsuspecting users are many.

I also am off the opinion that there is no "iron clad" security app. If the system or even low-level kernel operations can shut down a program as they must then this process can be mimicked in code.

I agree I look forward to obdev's response, and I do not question you or smurfs intentions but as stated I wish that you would have given obdev a chance to respond privately in the first instance. If you were not happy then you cold have gone public.

Anyway, we shall see what eventuates.

cheers Tim