--On 7 October 2005 17:18:46 +0800 Darky McIntyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have no setting in Mail app. that requests any 'Security' information
from senders.
What is the purpose of this kind of information please?

It's an S/MIME digital signature. Not very secure when sending to mailing lists but I use it to prevent all the extra dross that mailing lists normally tag on the end of every message... Did you notice that Tim and myself have nothing added after our signature?

It's not really necessary with this list as all that's added is useful list information itself. Some lists however add half a page full of irrelevant advertising, yahoogroups being one.

--

Tony.