Thinking about all this I have realized that the answer given last year concerning the Opener might not be as bogus as I thought. I have tried SnitchCTL under 10.3 and indeed the daemon cannot be killed (at least not with the few commands I've tried - kill, kill -9, killall). But there's a glitch, first I don't find this behaviour normal, imho anything should be killable by root what if it's making a conflict with another app. Second thing is that it is easily defeated as unlike in 10.4, you can kill the kext (extension) which in turn will kill the daemon. To make it worst, you can't start it back after you've unloaded the kext, a restart is required. Indeed, loading the LittleSnitch.kext located in the Contents of the prefpane will say it's missing dependencies, try and load the ODKUControl.kext will result in a panel saying the app is not authentic and that is cannot be loaded.

xSmurf