Hmm a little confusion has crept into this discussion... Not to be disparaging to anyone at all but quite honestly I was not referring to you T.B.C. at all in my post to this list on this subject. I was referring to smurf and arno - the two guys who put together the script that turns on LS and manipulates the rules in LS. They also want to know from the developers how obdev stop low level kernel attempts to turn LS off. I must say that these guys most likely have the best of intentions but at the end of the day their actions will either compromise the security that LS provides or strengthen it. ( Have to wait and see the response from obdev developers).

That is what this discussion is about not whether you feel ripped off for paying $25.00 for some shareware outgoing connection monitor. What it is about is that some dudes have found that it has vulnerabilities and have decided to publish their findings on the internet and now want to know the details of how LS developers protect the app from attack and more than likely will publish that on the internet too!!!!

I like LS it is good cheap, unobtrusive, low on resources, robust security that provides a notification service should some script kiddies get a trojan into my mac. It is an after the fact tool - it does not prevent the attack or port scanning or DDOS or downloading infected files or any other event that may infect my mac with malware.

eom

Tim