Maybe I am nitpicking, but Log4j is also (mostly) agnostic to what language
you run on the JVM (Java, Scala, Groovy, Clojure, etc).

I guess it would be nice to have similar logging framework for other
runtimes (such as .Net). However, I would not like to constrain Log4j to
only use features available on both JVM and .Net.

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*
Senior software developer