I would prefer if we could chose one or the other, and not have both at the same time.

On 2017-07-24 18:46, Matt Sicker wrote:
This link was posted on another mailing list recently in criticism of
Slack: https://bitquabit.com/post/i-hate-slack-and-you-should-too/

On 18 July 2017 at 09:12, Chandra <chandra.tungathur...@rwth-aachen.de>
wrote:

Having used both paid and free service (of slack), I’d say the paid
service makes a lot of sense for corporates.
a public forum like this I believe a free tier would suffice — unless we
are looking for an option of having >10k messages for searching + >5gb of
storage [1]. This is just my opinion, but people think otherwise and I
believe some-biased opinions on Flock too[2].

thanks,

Chandra
[1] https://dev-s.slack.com/pricing
[2] https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-pros-and-cons-of-Gitter-vs-Slack