On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 11:40:32AM -0700, Nathan Torkington wrote:
>Dean S Wilson writes:

>> Learning Perl/TK should be used as an off-line reference if its used
>> at all.

>Learning Perl/Tk isn't really *meant* to be a reference.  Like the
>other Learning books, it's supposed to be an introduction to the
>subject.  The Perl/Tk Pocket Ref, as you point out, is a much better
>reference.  Learning Perl/Tk tells you how to write Perl/Tk programs,
>what widgets are at your disposal, and what they do.

But it doesn't seem to be an introduction: I don't want a list of
every option, which seems to be what most of the book consists of,
because I have the P/TPR and the perldoc pages and the web. I do
want short example programs showing how the things are used, and
longer ones showing how they can come together. I'm still writing
most of my Perl/Tk programs based on the first example in the
documentation, because I haven't seen any other examples.

Roger