> O'Reily's Perl/Tk book, discussion there of.

I bought it pre-Christmas and read it through.  I do like the idea of
Tk.  Seems a lot more simple that Java or GTK stuff to do.  Sure, infinite
themeability is all very nice and all, but most of the time I just want to
do something really quickly.

The main problem I've faced when dealing with the Tk stuff is that I have
no idea how a good way to slam standard components together is.  The book
is great at explaining how all the components work, how pack and the other
'layout managers' work and all, but never touches on the whole putting
everything together thing.  Basically, what I need is a whole host of more
examples, with some kind of explanation of good and bad approaches, and why
you should use them, and more description of the pitfalls.

For example, discussion of how to cope with synchronising content between
windows.  Of building up standard dialogs.  How to ensure that your stuff
always lines up nicely and looks consistent.  It's not that these subjects
aren't covered (for all the options are discussed) it's that there's no
guidelines or examples that I can learn from.

I guess what I'm looking for was more of a Programming Perl equivalent
book.  Something that doesn't just explain how things work, but also
details techniques and practices that can greatly help you.

Later.

Mark.

--
print "\n",map{my$a="\n"if(length$_>6);' 'x(36-length($_)/2)."$_\n$a"} (
   Name  => 'Mark Fowler',        Title => 'Technology Developer'      ,