On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Richard Clamp wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 11:50:35AM +0000, Greg McCarroll wrote:
> > * Richard Clamp ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > > That said I would have liked to have been informed of it when subscribing to
> > > the list (or for those of us that have been here for donkeys, when it
> > > started getting archived,) just so that I could be sure it was happening.
> >
> > how about if we notified the list everytime someone subscribed or
> > unsubscribed
>
> Eh, don't quite follow.

I think the point is that the circumstance of this list being archived
without people knowing about it would not have arisen - well they could
ignore the message but they would have no excuse for not knowing.  People
can then make their own choices.  It also addresses the issue that some
people have raised that of course being a public list anyone could be
subscribed : your boss, your mother, Keith Hallawell ...

I will do this if no-one objects as I think its quite a good idea.  I
think that the list is already archived will defeat any provacy arguments.

/J\
--
Jonathan Stowe                   |
http://www.gellyfish.com         |       I'm with Grep on this one