> i also think there is still room for sensible consultancies
> and contracting.
> i think the 1000 quid a day for web development companies will have a
> major problem however.

I hope so, they deserve it.

> at cebit, BT devices crashed and burned - why? they had been rushed
> out. BT is essentially a good technology if done right, the same is
> true for web sites, the industry just needs to slow its self down

I couldn't agree more. Of the .com companies I've seen screwing their
technology up, ridiculous deadlines for development have been the root cause
in most cases. The whole 'Doing business in Internet time' hype is stupid,
and just leads to people acting without thinking and then being charged
twice as much for shoddy work that appears to be completed quickly.