that's not the point.

if learning tree design a course (with the community's approval
natch) that is of sufficient standard and then put on their catalogs:

Advanced Perl (3 days) - 1750 GBP + VAT

        [preparation for PCSE exam] << with a nice logo >>

imagine the value of free publicity that is coming out of that! None of
the organisations mentioned (netthink, iterative, or indeed codix) have
anything like the clout individually or collectively to start getting a
PCSE logo recognisable to IT directors.

BTW, just so we're clear - i was thinking of another org to actually do
the certification. Maybe a privately owned company formed from the
london.pm membership.

alex

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Jonathan Stowe wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Dave Cross wrote:
>
> > At Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:51:46 +0100 (BST), alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > i am a little unclear what the benefits of this exercise might be
> > > without a brand or larger player backing it up. if we could hook up
> > > with someone like learning tree (eg they can claim to deliver courses
> > > to "PCSE" standards) this might be a big winner.
> >
> > It's a fair point. But do Learning Tree have a good reputation in the
> > marketplace? I'm not sure they do.
> >

> I categorically refused yesterday to allow any of out people to be sent on
> a Learning Tree Perl course ...
>
> /J\

alex nunes | t 020 7603 5723 | f 020 7603 2504
director   | read the NEW story @ http://codix.net/
codix.net  | 107 shepherd's bush road, london w6 7lp