On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 09:37:07AM +0100, dcross - David Cross wrote:
> [...]

Funnily, enough, no.  I was born in 1974, I've never been taught english
grammar and I know of nobody who has.  It's actually quite annoying as
it leads to all sorts of infuriating "I know that looks right, but I
don't know why..." thoughts.  If anybody could reccomend a small grammar
reference, that would be incredibly useful.

OTOH, every foreign language I've ever learned has started with the
grammar lesson within a month.  And when I want to learn a language one
of the first things I do is reach for the BNF.

ObPerl: So which is harder to parse?  Perl or English?

-Dom