From: Matthew Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 04 April 2001 12:24

> > I had to unlearn the reading I knew before I went to school in favour
> > of some stupid phonetic system (anyone remember ITA?)
>
> Nope, never heard of it. I learned to read proper english, as did everyone
> else I know who was schooled at that time. I have never exerienced these
> bizarre approaches you mention.

I've heard of it. I've seen it and I can even read it[1].

When I was at secondary school (75 - 79) ITA was used to teach reading to a
remedial class. As (supposedly) one of the brighter pupils in my year, I got
to spend a couple of hours a week helping out in this class, which is where
I picked up ITA.

Dave...
[1] Or could. Might be a bit rusty now.

named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
re-send this communication to the sender and delete the
original message or any copy of it from your computer
system.