On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 02:32:09PM +0100, Jonathan Peterson wrote:
> At 07:49 23/05/01 +0100, you wrote:
> >At 17:37 22/05/2001, Roger Burton West wrote:
> >

> >>And get a shell account, why don't you?
> >
> >Thanks. I already have several.
>
> [snip]
>

> >Much as I'd love it if everyone was to be able to post to the list from their
>favourite Unix mail client all the time,
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Oxymoron, surely?

Not in the slightest.  Now if you'd said "favourite gui mail client",
you might be correct.

> >have the time or knowledge to do that. This email client snobbery is getting too
>frequent. Just because someone is posting from an Exchange server, it doesn't
>necessarily mean that what they are saying is less valid.

This is very reasonable.  But nonetheless, being able to present
onesself in a reasonable fashion makes communicating a lot easier.

I'm just glad that people here speak in plain english, as opposed to the
complete abortion phone-messaging ``language'' that I see all over the
rest of my delete key.

> Indeed. And some of us use display technology that doesn't have an overwhelming urge
>to be backward compatible with 1972, and can therefore do cool futuristic stuff like
>handle more than 72 columns.

However, the cool futuristic stuff like CORRECT BLOODY WORK WRAPPING is
completely beyond it, despite the fact it's been implemented correctly
countless times before over the past 30 years or so.

And besides, how many newspapers do you see with text that goes on and
on all over the page?  (obvious nasty comments about newspapers aside)

> >:->
>

> >Dave...
> >[bugger! another grumpy start to the day]
>
> I blame the hot weather. It's unnatural.
>
> Jon 'Troll? Where?' Peterson

Time to get me a shotgun and go back a few trolls!  Yes, sirree!

-Dom