On 22/05/2001 at 16:19 +0100, Robin Szemeti wrote:

>the immediate feeling I get is to rent some cellars at the houses of
>parliament  and invest in a number of big barrels of gunpowder .. oh hang
>on that ones been done before and had a distinctly negative outcome .. OK
>.. perhaps someting more subtle then ;)

For whom? Guy Fawkes and co came off badly, and the next 85 years were
hardly a bundle of laughs (rising discontent, civil war, puritan
dictatorship, baudy restoration, tension) but it ended in a Bill of
Rights that led to what's arguably the first constituitonal monarchy in
the modern world.

Um, sorry, had a minor burst of 17th century history. Won't happen again.

--
:: paul
:: stay all day