Hello Clément,

Yes, I agree with you, I read that SHA1 and SHA should be the same but here
there's a difference and I dont understand why.. the attribute
"clearSHA1Password" seems to have nothing to do with the sha encryption.

To answer your questin about the different passwords :

In fact, I add my users to an existing system (ClearOS system) and all these
attributes are already defined because this multi-purpose server uses several
types of encryption.

Here's the answer a member of the ClearOS team wrote :

The reason for the multiple passwords in the LDAP database on ClearOS is that
there are constraints from different programs as to what is allowed. For
example, When using NTLM authentication, we are restricted to
clearMicrosoftNTPassword since that is the only thing that will be sent by a
windows workstation to the Samba services. This would prove true in other
LDAP/Samba3 environments. Consequently, other systems that rely on NTLM such as
squid when using transparent user authentication and RADIUS which uses MS-CHAP
are wholly dependent on this password hash. Other services are dependent on the
other hashes so it really depends on your use case on the other side of things.

I post to the ClearOS forum to know which kind of encryption is the
'clearSHA1Password' attribute ...

Thanks for your help

Arnaud