Agreed

Cheers
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Lsr <lsr-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Christian Hopps
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2019 4:26 AM
To: lsr@ietf.org
Cc: cho...@chopps.org
Subject: [Lsr] Moving Forward [Re: Flooding Reduction Draft Redux]

Summary of where we are at with dynamic flooding reduction:

 - We have a well written original work that came first and described the
problems as well as a TLVs to allow for a centralized solution
(draft-li-dyanmic-flooding). We do not need to standardize the centralized
algorithm.

 - A small change to this work allowed for distributed algorithms and for
outside work on distributed algorithms to continue in parallel.

 - We have another original work that started primarily as a distributed
algorithm
   (draft-cc-ospf-flooding-reduction)

 - Finally we also have:
   - Cross-pollination of ideas.
   - Failed attempts at merging.
   - An authors list "Arms-Race".

Moving forward:

- During IETF 103 I proposed we have no conflict if we:

   1) adopt draft-li-lsr-dyanmic-flooding as the base WG document.
   2) have authors of draft-cc-lsr-flooding-reduction work on a distributed
algorithm as they started with.

- Acee agreed during the meeting (as chair) that this was the best way forward.
We had some agreement form the floor as well.

- Any good ideas regarding the distribution of a centralized topology can be
debated and added (with appropriate attribution) to the base document after we
adopt one.

- This is what happens when we adopt a document as WG work, we work on it.

- The original authors of the distributed solution can continue to work on
their distributed algorithm in a separate document which would also need
standardization.

Does anyone see a serious problem with this path forward?

Thanks,
Chris & Acee.
LSR Chairs.