Makes sense to me, thanks for the clarity...

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Li <tony1ath...@gmail.com> On Behalf Of tony...@tony.li
Sent: Sunday, February 3, 2019 12:14 PM
To: Robert Raszuk <rob...@raszuk.net>
Cc: Huaimo Chen <huaimo.c...@huawei.com>; lsr@ietf.org; cho...@chopps.org;
li_zhenqi...@hotmail.com; David Allan I <david.i.al...@ericsson.com>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Moving Forward [Re: Flooding Reduction Draft Redux]

I think that this discussion would be greatly clarified if we clearly separated
the discussion between

a) the algorithm for computing the flooding topology, and
b) the signaling to indicate how to proceed.

I think that we are all in agreement that the algorithms can and should be
separated from the signaling.

I think that we are all in agreement that each algorithm should be independent.

I’m of the opinion that the centralized signaling is a bit more extensive than
the signaling for the distributed mode, but that there is also considerable
overlap and that things would be unnecessarily redundant if we were to separate
them. I believe that we are not in disagreement about the basics for the
distributed signaling.

If you disagree with this, please clearly articulate why you feel the signaling
should be separated.

Regards,
Tony