I fully agree and support proceeding with  draft-li-dyanmic-flooding and to
include protocol extensions in it for centralized topology propagation as
well as basic hooks like "execute dynamic protocol number X" for
distributed calculations.

However one may observe that separate distributed algorithms may define
their own protocol extensions and they should not break the above in any
way.

Then there is already some requirements of building two disjoined
topologies in any rich ECMP DC fabric one say for primary paths the other
for backup flows. (Case of active-active dual streaming applications).
Question arises if this would be addressed also as part of basic spec, be
combined with one or many of distributed algorithms or will require yet one
more document which in turn will "extend" all of the above ? And before
anyone suggests multi instance approach with logical or physical link
separation it is not the right direction here. If anything perhaps MTR or
SR come a bit closer.

Kind regards,
Robert.