Στις 27/03/2012 10:58 πμ, ο/η Ben Green έγραψε:
> That's simply not true Alkis, with 16-bit colour I see bands, with
> 32-bit no bands. I can provide pictures if you like. Its not a
> complaint about the picture quality, I'm just saying the difference is
> very visible.

Please see the next paragraph of my answer, which mentions gtk dithering. :)

Please, do provide pictures, by opening
/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ldm/themes/ltsp/bg.png in an image viewer
*after* login. :)

And if you try to maximize that image instead of seeing it in its
default 640x480 size, then make sure that your viewer also supports
decent dithering.

The login screen dithering part is a separate issue of the general talk
about 16 bpp vs 32 bpp quality. E.g. if we used a .jpg instead of an
8bpp .png, you shouldn't be seeing any bands at all even on login screen.
That's why I'm insisting that any comparison should be done after login.