So what is the difference to what I meant, other than that there are more notes shifted to a different course? It is clearly the same effect - same notes on different courses, albeit a little smaller in size?

how is this not a tone colour echo?

d___c|d___f|h___f

By the way, this exact question, though in a broader sense, was posted by yours truly a few days ago, but crickets. :)