I think I need to make a video about tightening frets. Possibly this
   weekend.

   Sterling

   -------- Original message --------
   From: Christopher Wilke <chriswi...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Date: 3/9/18 6:20 AM (GMT-07:00)
   To: Lutelist Net <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: meantone tuning tech

      I'm also curious how to tighten an old fret once the knot has been
      burned. Sterling, can you enlighten us?
      I've sometimes very lightly run a soldering iron along the length of
      the back of the fret and, if there is space, at the bend at the
   knot.
      It seems to help if the fret is not very loose, but one has to be
      really careful not to press too hard or you can cause a weak spot or
      even breakage. It only works on frets that aren't too wobbly to
   begin
      with. If too loose, out come the shims...
      Chris
      [1]Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
      On Friday, March 9, 2018, 7:58 AM, Tristan von Neumann