Think of the galant lute trio like a piano trio... You get the idea ;-)

Best
Stephan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] Im Auftrag
von Stewart McCoy
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Mai 2018 21:05
An: Lute Net
Betreff: [LUTE] Johann Kropfgans

   Dear Roland,

   I’m afraid I don’t know about these trios by Johann Kropfgans, but I
   would very much like to know more about them. I see from a quick search
   on the internet that Kropfgans wrote chamber music for the lute, violin
   and cello, including one in C minor, but I see no evidence of lute
   trios. It is possible that Lutz Kirchhof made his own lute trio
   arrangements from those chamber music pieces, but I’m only guessing.
   Hopefully you’ll be able to find out more.

   Best wishes,

   Stewart.