Just one note on historical research: no amount of affection for the
   working class or justified criticism of intelligence agencies can make
   up for a lack of evidence for a historical claim.
   Tom

   On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 5:55 AM Ron Andrico <[1]praelu...@hotmail.com>
   wrote:

        Unsuccessful attempt at irony.   Apples and oranges when it comes
        Palestrina, who in fact recycled a significant amount of his
     material
        as he was fulfilling his job composing for his patrons.
        For those of you who appear to relish arguing on this forum,
     please
        understand that the entire concept behind the term "conspiracy
     theory"
        was developed by the US intelligence services to counter
     reasonable
        questions regarding propaganda campaigns.
        Here is an honest question for you to ponder: Why do so many lute
        hobbyists engage in online dogmatism?

        From: [2]lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu <[3]lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
     on behalf
        of Ido Shdaimah <[4]ishdai...@gmail.com>
        Sent: Monday, September 17, 2018 9:23 PM
        To: lutelist Net
        Subject: [LUTE] Re: The awful English language
           I hereby propose the following theory: Giovanni Pierluigi da
        Palestrina
           is a fiction; much like Santa Claus, if you will. You see, I,
     among
           host of thinking people deem it impossible for one man from
     Rome to
           compose such a large oeuvre: 105 masses, 68 offertories, at
     least
        140
           madrigals, more than 300 motets, 75 hymns, 35 magnificats, 11
        litanies,
           and 4-5 sets of lamentations.
           Instead, I propose that 'his' works were actually composed by
     a team
        of
           collaborators, including, but not limited to Gesualdo,
     Arcadelt,
           Gabrieli, des Perez, J. S. Bach, Robert Burns, and Dr. Suess.
     All
        under
           the auspices of pope Julius III, his alleged employer. The
     elites
           wanted and want you to think Palestrina composed those works,
        because
           they have an insatiable urge to fabricate amd distribute lies
     to the
           masses for no apparent gain or reason.
           Wake up, Sheeple!
           On Mon, Sep 17, 2018, 23:52 Ron Andrico
     <[1][5]praelu...@hotmail.com>
           wrote:
                Truth to tell, I have absolutely no agenda to push here.
        have
             no
                preconceived ideas about Shakespeare and nothing to
     promote or
             defend.
                In fact, as a staunch supporter of the working class who
        believes
             the
                royals and the power elite to be nothing more than a
     useless
             irritant
                and blight upon the earth, I should want to believe that
        William
                Shakespeare rose from humble roots and proved to be a
     brilliant
                writer.    Like John Dowland, who actually rose from
     presumably
             humble
                roots to become a brilliant composer.    It's just that
     I, like
             host of
                other thinking persons, find it difficult to swallow this
             particular
                myth.    Sort of like Santa Claus.    But don't take my
     word for
             it.
                "How curious and interesting is the parallel--as far as
     poverty
             of
                biographical details is concerned--between Satan and
        Shakespeare.
                ...They are the best-known unknown persons that have ever
     drawn
             breath
                upon the planet." - Mark Twain, "Is Shakespeare Dead?"

                From: [2][6]lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu
        <[3][7]lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu>
             on behalf
                of T.J. Sellari <[4][8]tsell...@gmail.com>