I am working on an edition of Spinacino v.1 (1507) and have run across
   these 2 extremely dissonant duets.
   I am not personally a big fan of gratuitous dissonance (diabolus in
   musica).  Dissonance that serves a purpose, as in Dowland, yes.
   Dissonance as a passing note, yes. Dissonance as a cadential
   suspension, yes.  But minor second intervals on downbeats, not so much.
    I would like to "correct" these duet parts so they harmonize instead
   of "cacophonizing" with each other, but have no idea where to begin.
   Has anyone tried to do this? If I can't find a harmonious solution, I
   will just leave the duets as is, though I hate to punt like that,
   because who will want to play them as written (except maybe Schräder,
   and he is no longer with us)?
   --Sarge