On Tuesday, 20 September 2016 9:00:08 AM AEST Piers Rowan via luv-main wrote:
> It looks like that all along I had not set up 587 on the VM. Thank you
> for helping me circle back to the obvious!

No problems.

> The only thing left to do is set up vacation emails - any suggestions?
> Preferably with a way for users to manage them themselves (bearing in
> mind the Dovecot / SASL / MySQL thingo)

Sorry I don't know a good solution to this.  In the past I've done it manually
with .forward files and I don't think I've ever done it on a server backed
with MySQL in that manner.

Generally the things I blog about are a subset of things that I need to do
myself or that people have paid me to do.  So far no-one who pays me has
wanted enough vacation accounts to make it worth automating.