On 21.09.16 19:20, Chris Samuel via luv-main wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 September 2016 9:00:08 AM AEST Piers Rowan via luv-main wrote:
>
> > The only thing left to do is set up vacation emails - any suggestions?
> > Preferably with a way for users to manage them themselves (bearing in mind
> > the Dovecot / SASL / MySQL thingo)
>
> Never tried it, but I just found this with a quick search:
>
> http://vacation-web.sourceforge.net/

On debian, there is also:

$ apt-cache search vacation
vacation - email autoresponder

If that's the same one I used more than 20 years ago, it auto-responds
only to the first mail received from each correspondent, to avoid
annoyance. Where/how it keeps the correspondents list may have changed
over the decades, perhaps.

Back in the day, vacation would create .forward, and run
vi vacation.msg
What more could one want?

Erik