Lars> We just need a module that knows how to display cyrillic, a lot
Lars> of these problems will go away/be easier to solve when/if we
Lars> switch to unicode.

Lars> I am beginning to leand towards using unicode internally in LyX
Lars> all the time.

I agree, but this a long-term solution. The short-term solution I was
thinking about was to create (partly) by hand a configuration file
which has the strings in the encoding corresponding to the language.
When we have uncode and eveything it will be able to plug in without
much work the clean solution.