Lars> Note that we only care about the default menus, user modified
Lars> menus we can do nothing about. What do you mean by "hardcode
Lars> translations"? We will add the menu definitions file to the list
Lars> of files gettext scans for localization strings.

I mean that a user cannot, for example, put his own translation of
menus in his local directory and have LyX use it. I personally think
that this feature of being able to modify LyX behaviour at user level
is a very nice one.