On 6/17/2010 5:17 PM, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
I don't know whether Windows 7 broke something in this respect, but once
the console is hidden, launching external applications should not pop up
any console windows. It is so at least with Vista.

The problem is that the application to launch LyX (which hides the console) is different from LyX itself. Just like on Mac OS X, this doesn't work with the Windows 7 taskbar. It makes it impossible to pin the icon.

I think this is a step backward, as much as the introduction of QProcess.
It is a step backward because until now batch files could be executed
using runCommand(), but with your proposed patch they would not anymore.

All the external converts are already being called using ForkedCalls, so I don't think this will make any difference.

But you can still use batch files, right? Just launch the command line interpreter. Something like cmd.exe /c batchfile.bat.

Joost