On 6/18/2010 2:00 PM, Peter Kuemmel wrote:
Wouldn't be the cleanest solution to use QProcess also for ForkedCalls?
(Enrico, I hear you scream ;)

Yes, the Systemcall code in LyX doesn't create any console windows because QProcess internally sets the CREATE_NO_WINDOW flag. I'm just doing the same in the other code that's not using QProcess yet.

I'm not sure why there are so many different methods (Systemcall / ForkedCalls / runCommand). If you want to integrate this more that would be a good thing.

So shall I go ahead and commit this patch? It's the last part that is needed for the new method to create Windows binaries with CMake. All the new/updated dependencies are already packaged and ready to use: ftp://ftp.devel.lyx.org/pub/contrib/windows/bin/

Joost