On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 01:55:59PM +0200, Georg Baum wrote:
> Guillaume Munch wrote:
>
> > * I would like to discuss another set of patches that makes it
> > convenient to navigate within floats: see
> > <http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/9759>. To test the patch please compare
> > the behaviour, before and after, of the navigation menus and of the
> > outliner, in the presence of floats with 1) subfloats, 2) multiple
> > captions, 3) a total number of floats and subfloats of the same type >
> > 30. Detailed changes are in the patch header, as usual. Would you prefer
> > that I post directly the patches on the list in the future?
>
> If you want to get feedback please do so. Then you get more attention, if
> you just put them on trac then one has to actively search for new bugs one
> might want to comment on.

I agree that bringing the patches to the list is the best way to get
feedback. However, I also like having them on trac. Otherwise patches
can get lost. What I personally prefer is to post the patch on the trac
ticket, then if I don't get a response there and I want feedback, I send
a message to the list and immediately (so I don't forget) put a link to
the lyx-devel message on the trac ticket.

Scott