Guillaume Munch wrote:

> Le 01/10/2015 00:43, Pavel Sanda a écrit :
>
>> This is interesting, I thought default tab is 8 and always
>> edited our sources this way. Kind of surprising that we didn't
>> conflicted yet about the visual appearance of indented blocks,
>> like in void ViewSourceWidget::restoreSession recently committed
>> by Guillaume.
>>

> The various sources I found were very clear about 4. I saw such mismatch
> in trac, which is improperly configured to display 8.

Even more interesting. I always thought that LyX uses the "use tabs for
logical indentation, and spaces for visual alignment" model for C++ code.
This way, it does not matter at all whether you display a tab as 4 or 8
spaces wide or anything else, and this is IMHO a good thing (I have first
hand knowledge for preferenes of 2, 3, 4, and 8 spaces wide).

Georg