On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 03:42:15AM +0100, Guillaume Munch wrote:
> Le 14/09/2015 03:17, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
> >put a link to the lyx-devel message on the trac ticket.
>
> How do you find this link?

Well, I just do [a and mutt copies it to my clipboard (I have a
script). I am guessing you could do the same with Thunderbird but I am
not familiar with it. You have a few options. You can just go here:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.devel
and wait a few minutes for the message to show up. Or you can ask
Thunderbird for the message ID of a certain email, and then use that.
For example, the email you just sent can be found with the message ID as
follows:
http://mid.gmane.org/mt5c67$o2k$1...@ger.gmane.org
If you put that link into the browser, you get the following URL:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.devel/156697
I actually prefer the mid.gmane link because it has the message ID in
the URL. That way, if mail-archive disappears or reindexes the messages
such that the direct URLs change, you can always just use the message ID
to find it on a different mail archiver (they have similar ways to
search by message ID) or we can search our mail box locally by message
ID. Even GMail web interface has a way to search by message ID. This
way, the thread can always be found.

Scott