Le 18/02/2022 à 23:46, Christopher Menzel via lyx-users a écrit :
On 18 Feb 2022, at 1:46 , Tom Goldring via lyx-users <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
wrote:
I have version 2.3.6.2 on my MacBook Pro. I consider it a poor substitute for
the Windows version. I can't turn off the blinking cursor (extremely
annoying!), I can't change the background color (white background gives me a
headache), hotkeys don't work, etc. Is there an alternative binary that I could
download?

Not sure what the problems are there but, for the record, I use the LyX 2.3.6.2
binaries from lyx.org on both my MacBook Pro (M1 chip) and a Windows laptop and
the functionality is pretty much identical. It does appear that you are stuck
with a blinking cursor (since that’s an OS level thing), but I have no problem
changing the background color (did you uncheck “Use system colors”?), and
cursor movement keys and other shortcuts work identically in both versions.
(Maybe you mean something more by “hotkeys”?)

Hints:
* hotkeys are somewhat different since one uses the Command key instead of Ctrl at least * cursor movement is slightly different to match what is expected on a mac, but this is controllable through "Preferences>Editing>Use mac-style cursor movement". * indeed to change the background (instead of the OS one), uncheck "Use System colors".

JMarc