A. L. Meyers wrote:

> Hi!  Planning to get our department to replace M$ Word with LyX to
> write audit reports, was most pleased to see that there is a native
> WinDoze version, downloaded it, installed it without a glitch and
>
> DVI preview does not work.  LyX looks for some files or libraries it
> cannot find.  Would much appreciate someone pointing me to docs or
> giving sound advice to enable me to demonstrate LyX superiority even
> in a WinDoze environment.

Hello!

There have been lots of similar reports on this list. Windows users
often have problems getting the helper programs to interact correctly
with LyX.

So, suggestion 1 is to search the archive. Find it at any of these
urls:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=lyx-users&r=1&w=2
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/

Suggestion 2 is to look at the output of the "configure" file that you
should find at ${PREFIX}/share/lyx/configure. (Your executable should
be at ${PREFIX}/bin/lyx.exe.) Run it from the command line and pipe
the output to a file.

Regards,
--
Angus