Hallo!

So what can I do now to make further suggestions. As far as I could see,
all what I had in mind (about macros) is already implemented, but to
really see that, it would be fine to use it.
What is your advice. Shall I compile the development version, or try to
compile your own branch? Or shall I wait for the next release?

The branch was only for 1.5. I don't use it anymore. I do development now in the trunk, i.e. the 1.6 development version.

I use the 1.6 trunk for my thesis, but you should backup often. It's not so stable sometimes. But for testing the new features compiling is the only way.

And in case I have suggestions. Where shall I post them? At the wiki or
at the dev-mailing list?
Regards, Sebastian

I would prefer the mailing list, with cc to me. Then others can join the discussion.

P.S.: Greetings to Theresienstrasse (have done my diploma thesis in
physics there).

the world is small :)

Stefan