On 13 Jun 2008, G. Milde wrote:
> On 12.06.08, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
> > Yes, I do have dejavu (ttf-dejavu) but I don't know how to tell lyx to
> > use it - it doesn't appear as a choice. But I'm not sure that what I am
> > trying to do is possible in Lyx (see my reply to Gunter below).
>
> 1. Does DejaVu appear as a choice in other applications (abiword,
>    ooffice, gucharmap, specimen, ...)
>
> 2. In contrast to the document fonts (for printout), the on-screen
>    fonts are set with Tools>Preferences>Look and Feel>Screen Fonts.
>
> Günter

I do have Dejavu in LyX now - I'm not sure why it wasn't appearing
previously.

In answer to your previous comments: I tried setting the keyboard to
Greek, but it doesn't do anything. Looking at the greek.kmap file I see
that it doesn't really contain any redefinitions, unlike the one for
vim, which does, so I wouldn't expect it to have much effect.

Using a desktop manager might work. I don't use Gnome or KBD - just
Icewm. But my wife is using Ubuntu with Gnome and I'll have a look to
see if it is possible to make that change the characters - I've found
some information on Google.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - [EMAIL PROTECTED]