I admit, that my last sentence is very confusing. Just forget about it. What
I meant was: If I put the cursor before or behind the math box, i.e in the
normal text, I can use the label function. As soon as I put the cursor in
the math box  the label function is inactive.  Therefore I cannot label the
equation in the math box.  As long as I cannot asign a label to the equation
it makes no sense to look at the pdf I guess.

Greetings,
Christopher

--
Christopher Stowasser