On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 2:10 AM, Christopher Stowasser
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I admit, that my last sentence is very confusing. Just forget about it. What
> I meant was: If I put the cursor before or behind the math box, i.e in the
> normal text, I can use the label function. As soon as I put the cursor in
> the math box  the label function is inactive.  Therefore I cannot label the
> equation in the math box.  As long as I cannot asign a label to the equation
> it makes no sense to look at the pdf I guess.

It sounds as if you have a problem with the installation of LyX. This
is obviously not normal behavior. I would trying reinstalling LyX. It
may help developer's to know what platform you are using and what
version of LyX. You may also need to file a bug report if reinstalling
doesn't help.

Cheers,
/Bob