Ok, I exported to .tex and ran pflatex file.tex. here is the result:
Chapter 1

Package natbib Warning: Citation `Kemeny1959' on page 4 undefined on input
line
 112.

[4]

Package natbib Warning: Citation `Dwork2001' on page 5 undefined on input
line
188.

Underfull \vbox (badness 10000) has occurred while \output is active [5]

LaTeX Warning: Reference `sec:minimum-KT-distance problem' on page 6
undefined
on input line 289.

LaTeX Warning: Reference `fig:disc translocation' on page 6 undefined on
input
line 304.

LaTeX Warning: Reference `fig:disc translocation' on page 6 undefined on
input
line 304.

Package natbib Warning: Citation `Popov2007' on page 6 undefined on input
line
306.

[6]

Package natbib Warning: Citation `Vazirani2004' on page 7 undefined on input
li
ne 314.

Package natbib Warning: Citation `Downey1997' on page 7 undefined on input
line
 315.

Package natbib Warning: Citation `Niedermeier2006' on page 7 undefined on
input
 line 315.

Package natbib Warning: Citation `Flum2006' on page 7 undefined on input
line 3
15.

LaTeX Warning: Reference `fig:combinatorical explosion restricted' on page 7
un
defined on input line 323.

LaTeX Warning: Reference `fig:combinatorical explosion' on page 7 undefined
on
input line 324.

! LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .eps.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.326 ...ing"combinatorical explosion\string".eps}

Now what does this mean? The references and graphics inclusions worked just
fine half an hour ago.

niko