Dear all,

is there any special trick to using a .bib file encoded as UTF-8 with
LyX/Latex? If there is, I would certainly appreciate knowing about it...

Here is my problem/use-case:

I use Jabref as my bib files editor. After inserting a reference which
contained the character Ž (Latin capital Z with caron), Jabref suggested I
switched the encoding to UTF-8 because the current one (8859-1, I suppose),
did not contain the requested character. I accepted the kind offer. Alas, now
all the references containing diacritic marks are screwed up in the Latex
output. for instance  Schöpfungs- has become Schöpfungs- and so on.

Help or pointers to approriate documentation greatly appreciated. I am sure
the day will come when I will master these  encoding issues. Unfortunately I
do not seem to be there yet.

Cheers,

S.

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy          Ph:  (979) 862-2211
Texas A&M University              Fax: (979) 845-0458
305B Bolton Hall                  fran...@philosophy.tamu.edu
College Station, TX 77843-4237