Thank you Günter, the encoding trick indeed solved the problem.
In my opinion, however, it would be ideal if there was a way to configure when
preamble statements are loaded (before or after lyx ones), but given the
complexity that such a change would imply the current design is understandable.

Again, thanks for the tip! :)
Spyros