On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Ray Rashif <schivmeis...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 June 2013 14:15, Rainer M Krug <rai...@krugs.de> wrote:
>
> I wanted to survey the LyX and LaTeX community for some opinions on this,
> perhaps to get an idea as to the demand for some research into this area.
> The project would do some empirical comparisons of the workarounds and
> propose at most two or three solutions that work (integration with Pandoc,
> or converintg directly to a simpler and well-supported language).
>
> The emphasis would be on retaining as much semantic meaning as possible,
> across different levels of complexity, starting from the very basic. I am
> not aware of any similar academic or non-academic effort, but this could
> also be a long blog post.

HI Ray,

I am not sure about what you're asking, exactly? Perhaps a survey of the
different lyx-doc(x) use cases that current lyx users care most about? Or
rather a definition of the simplest yet still useful use case we can
imagine? If the former, I would suggest starting a page on our wiki,
perhaps as a possible GSoC 2014 project, as a repository of useful cases
people could refer to. If the latter...well I'd need further info because
I'm not really sure what you're aiming for.

Cheers,

Stefano
Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA

stef...@tamu.edu
http://stefano.cleinias.org