Am 11.11.2013 um 10:03 schrieb Philipp Gröne <philipp.gro...@googlemail.com>:

> Hi!
>
> more serious:
> if I try to export a pdf output from my document, I get
>
> ! Package babel Error: Unknow option `ngerman'. Either you misspelled it
> (babel)                or the language definition file ngerman.ldf was not
> found.
>
>  and no output.
>
> I use lyx 2.0.6-1+b1 and texlive 2013 under Debian
>
> I had the same error while compiling documents, I solved it by manually
> deleting all lines from the document in question which contained "/ngerman".
> (By opening them in a text editor and using the search feature) This worked
> like a charm.
>
> This can be due to sheer luck, it is possible that this opens a can of worms
> in other documents.
> I advice to make backups before editing the source document manually.
>
> (By the way, just commenting it out by adding a # to the beginning of the
> line in question did not work.)
>
> If you want to install more packages instead try either "texlive-lang-german"
> or "texlive-lang-all".

I guess it's the same problem others mentioned already on this list:
It looks like the package dependencies of "modern" Linux systems doesn't
include the language packages of TeX-Live anymore.

Please check if you have the needed language packs of TeX-Live installed.

Editing the LyX files manually seems like a very fragile option to solve this.

Stephan