Dear LyX developers,

I found the following bug in LyX version 0.12.0 BETA:

When I type an equation in "Math-Display" mode, I may not type extra
spaces before or after the equation; if I do so, I will add paragraph
breaks that will appear in the DVI file and in the printed version of
the text. These breaks will not, however, show on the lyx editor, nor do
they appear in the exported LaTeX file. They appear in the LyX file
(when viewed as plain text with e.g. more) as spaces just as they are
typed. This is a nuisance since it makes it difficult to change in-line
equations to displayed ones and vice versa. Also, if this is a desired
feature, it should be displayed on the lyx editor as well.

However, thanks a lot for making lyx available. With some improvement,
we will finally have an editor that will make production of LaTeX-level
texts easy enough for everyone.

Regards, Rami Vainio


----------------------------------
E-Mail: Rami Vainio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 07-Oct-98
Time: 12:20:39

This message was sent by XFMail
----------------------------------

Reply via email to