This sounds consistent with Fugu's idea about old capacitors. It sounds
like both dvi's are marginal, but one is slightly better than the other,
and one of your M100's is slightly better than the other, and so with the
two best ones combined, it just barely works, sometimes.

I would check that voltage as he described and I expanded.