On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:39:40 +1000
 Darren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Brian Futrell wrote:
>
> >Has anyone had this particular problem when playing
> games on a PC
> >Compatibility Card?
> >
> >If playing a game that requires the use of the keyboard
> to move
> >around, occasionally it seems to get stuck moving left
> or right.  On
> >my P166 card, it seems to be fairly frequent.  The only
> way to get it
> >back to normal is to press Escape to the game's menu and
> wait a little
> >bit, and sometimes that doesn't work.
>

> I had similar problem on the p100 card which I put down
> to running the full extension set on the mac. Sorry I
> can't test it for you ATM. I used to use a different
> extension set for the dos card.

I'll give that a try when I get home.  The main reason I'm
trying this with VPC/Dos cards is that even though I have
several PCs, the majority of them are too fast for some of
the games.  TR1 on a Semperon 2200 when it ran OK on a P75?
 Riiiiight.

> >I've been looking through my colleciton of games to try
> to finish ones
> >that I never completed.  I'm currently playing Tomb
> Raider I in
> >Virtual PC 3 on a 9600/300 with 80MB set aside for the
> program and a
> >Voodoo2 card.  It plays very smoothly, but there is at
> least a
> >1-second delay between the action and the resulting
> sound.  I'll be
> >placing the DOS card in this one when I get the chance.
>
> I wouldn't have thought TR1 would play well under VPC,
> thanks for the tip. The playstation version works well
> through VGS, I have to say that as VGS likes the Radeon
> 7000 where the dos card doesn't.

It even plays well when not using the Voodoo 2 card - it
just does not look all that great.  I think I'm at least
2/3 of the way through the game - I have two parts of the
Scion thingie :).

> On a gaming note, am I the only person who has a very
> dark screen when running. OpenGL games on a mac? We have
> tried other monitors and verious extensions with little
> real improvement, the gamma option in some games helps a
> bit. Its rather annoying to have a nice bright screen
> under emulation to then try the mac version and have most
> games to dark to play.

I'll have to look through my Mac CDs for some games to try
that with.  I have some, but precious few use OpenGL.